02nd Dec, 2013
- NTPC is a leader in Power Sector with 42.4 GW installed capacity.
- As on 31.03.2013, NTPC group represented 18.44% of India's total installed capacity while generating 27.37% if India's total power generation in fiscal 2013.
- NTPC has been ranked No. 1 Independent Power Producer and energy trader in the world by Platts 250 for the year 2013. It has also been ranked 384th overall on the Forbes Global 2000 list.
- NTPC has a strong financial position. As on March 31, 2013, our debt to equity ratio was 0.87 on a consolidated basis and 0.72 on a standalone basis, our debt service coverage ratio (DSCR) was 3.01 on a consolidated basis and 3.17 on a standalone basis, and our interest coverage ratio (ISCR) was 8.53 on a consolidated basis and 10.39 on a standalone basis Our strong financial position allows us considerable flexibility as to our plans for our future growth
- NTPC's 75% equity is owned by Government of India. GoI has bestowed Maharatna status to us giving appreciable degree of financial and operational flexibility.
- We believe that our long term fuel supply contracts for coal, natural gas and RLNG help us to generate power at competitive prices by allowing greater predictability and better planning of fuel supplies.
- We have a long term secured off-take arrangement with Discoms which provide us with appreciable degree of cash flow visibility and therefore allow us to effectively plan for our future growth.
- We are also pursuing fuel security through development of domestic coal mines.
- We have a workforce of committed 25000+ experienced employees. We have also been recognized as overall 6th, 1st in public sector and 1st in large organization (over 10000 employees) in "India's best companies to work for" survey conducted in 2013 by Great Place to Work Institute, India and the Economic Times.
- We practice good corporate governance and our actions are closely monitored by vigilance, CAG. We are also compliant with corporate governance provisions of listing agreements in letter and spirit.
- We plan to become a 50 GW+ Company by the fiscal 2017 and 128 GW Company by the year 2032. We are having a pipeline of 20 GW+ under construction projects.
- More than 7 lakh equity shareholders have reposed a faith in us and we have been paying dividends regularly for last 20 years
Tax-free bonds issue
NTPC's tax-free bonds issue after a gap of two decades. Issue summary is as under:
|Issue||Issue size Rs.1000 crore with option to retain oversubscription upto Rs.750 crore. Overall Issue size Rs.1750 crore.|
|Nature of Bonds||Tax free Secured Redeemable Non Convertible Bonds in the nature of debentures having tax benefit under section 10 (15) (iv) (h) of the Income Tax Act, 1961|
|Rating||CRISIL AAA by CRISIL and [ICRA] AAA (Stable) by ICRA|
|Issue Opens on||December 03, 2013|
|Issue Closes on||December 16, 2013. Issue can be pre-closed if oversubscribed.|
|Allotment||On first come first serve basis.|
|Security||The Bonds will be secured by a pari passu first charge on specified fixed assets of the Company. The Bonds will have asset cover of one time of the total outstanding amount of Bonds.|
|Interest on Application Money||As per respective coupon applicable for each series|
|Interest on Refund||5% p.a.|
|Listing||On BSE and NSE|
Category wise Coupon Rate and Reservations are as under:
|I||Qualified Institutional Buyers||10%|
|III||High Net Worth Individuals- individuals/HUFs with investment > Rs. 10 lakhs (incl. NRIs on non-repat basis)||25%|
|IV||Resident Retail Investors i.e. Individual/ HUFs upto investment of Rs. 10 lakhs (incl. NRIs on non-repat basis)||40%||
« Back to Press Releases